I am so amused by my son Isaac. Did you know that his name means, "Laughter"? As I have watched Isaac grow and develop over the first year of his little life it has become quite clear why the Lord wanted us to name our son Isaac. He really loves to laugh! He is very ticklish---especially on his knees and under his arm pits. He loves it when we chase him crawling, catch up to him and tickle him. I remember when my dad use to do that to us when we were little. I loved it!
What cracks me up the most is what Isaac deams as funny. Why is it that some things make him laugh so hard and others bring about no response what-so-ever? He loves watching the puppets on the Baby Einstein videos. Often times he will laugh out loud when he sees them talking, squeeking, dancing, etc. It is a real hoot. Two nights ago Josh and I were in the living room playing with Isaac after dinner. I had a little girl dolly and a smaller plastic construction worker. I was basically putting on a puppet show for Isaac with these two figures. Isaac thought it was so funny when I would make little noises each time the girl doll took a step. He laughed the hardest when I bent the little girl doll down and made her kiss the plastic construction man. I am not sure why he thought it was so funny, but he did. Then Josh and I decided to kiss to see what he would do and he laughed again...granted we added in a few sound affects. We kept this going for about 10-15 minutes and he was laughing the whole time. It was so cute...I wish that I could have caught it on video tape. Even still, I know that this memory will last forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment