I copied this from Jody's Blog in case any of you are following this whole W4C thing on my blog. Here is a recent post:
OK, we’re sharing ideas today.
Ways we can and will cut back in order to free up funds. Sacrifices we are making ect.
This week, I declared it, “clean out the cupboard week.” I didn’t plan new meals. I didn’t buy any dinner ingredients. We would eat what we have here. A couple nights it was kind of pathetic…but we did it. (In fact, last night it was mac and cheese, soup, and eggs. The eggs were thrown in to make it go a bit further…)
And saved $60 in groceries. I donated the $60 I saved immediately after returning from the store to buy basics like milk ect.
I think that is the way I will do it.
Each week, look at the calendar and see what’s coming up. Think about what I would normally spend. Cut back. Cut out. And then donate as we go.
Can you imagine? Imagine if we all did something for the next 7 weeks?!!
Lots of water. Lots of clean water.
So that was this week for us.
What about you? What are you doing?
*Another person I read about decided to drink ONLY water for the next couple weeks. To forego buying soda or coffee or whatever their drink was. And drink water. The cold, fresh, clean water we have avialble to us in all our taps. Everytime she passed up a drink, she put the 1 or 2 dollars away. The money saved went to a well digging project. Love that.
(quick note: at water4christmas.com when you go to donate, a couple people have said that it is a little confusing. And it is. To donate to Water For Christmas, you need to scroll down to the near bottom of the page and use that donate button. NOT the tab at the top of the page. We can’t track it that way and it won’t go to Water For Christmas..but to a general fund. So scroll down. Use the donate button towards the bottom. Thanks.)
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(218)
-
▼
November
(40)
- After Dinner Play Time
- Cool Pram
- More Jumping!
- King Abubaba
- So Wrong
- Hudson's Time to Shine!
- Brrrr!
- Thanks Grandma!
- Team Time
- The Russian Ballet
- Friends
- And He's off again!
- Isaac on the Loose!
- The Mock Wedding
- Kids say the Darndest Things!
- W4C Stories Editon
- Water For Christmas: Saving Edition
- Never a Dull Moment
- A Crazy Month for Hudson
- Saturday at the Beach
- Lion
- Water for Christmas Update
- Wise Words
- Water
- New Team/Current Team Trip
- Chalking with William
- Too Precious for Words
- Another good steal from the Toy Library
- One Never Knew
- Brusha Brusha
- Yeah or Ney?
-
▼
November
(40)
No comments:
Post a Comment