Friday, May 02, 2008
Explosion Of Words
I remember right around 20 months Isaac was only speaking about 7 words...mommy, daddy, juice, milk, more, doggy, cat. I think that was about it. I knew that he would start talking at some point, but you have those moments where you wonder. You could tell that he knew exactly what we were saying, but he would not say anything...kind of drove me bonkers. Just like when I spent 6 months of his first year teaching him sign language and the ONLY word he ever signed was "I love you". Well, at least that made me feel loved. :)
About two weeks before Hudson was born Josh and I decided to "crack down" on Isaac's whinning at the dinner table. One night we refused to give him milk unless he asked for it. I must say, I felt like the meanest mom in the world, but it worked! The next night Isaac repeated over and over again, "milk, milk, milk". Ahhhh, the freedom from whinning to get what you want. I was in heaven. I believe the "explosion of words" occurred right when Nana and Bapa came to visit in February. I think he picked up a few new words every day and he has been cruisin' ever since. I am sure that the next thing I am going to do will not be exciting to most people, but to the grandparents and family members, I am sure that you guys will eat it up. Ok, so these are some of the things that Isaac has been saying:
Jesus
More juice, Mommy's juice, Isaac's juice
Milk, chicken, banana, apples, grapes, snack
Mommy go, daddy go, baby Hudson "Udson"
Isaac's chair, phone, table, pen, book
"Bickey" is what he calls his blanket
"Coo Coo" is what he calls a cookie
Doggy, cat, duck, fish, turtle, froggy, bird, sheep, bah bah, cackadoodledoo
Tigger and Pooh, poo poo
Flower, bee, star, moon, water, light
Train, Thomas, choo choo, Beep Beep, clock, tic-toc
Car, van, truck, big truck, boat, plane, tractor, digger
Ball, sock, shoe, daddy's bike
Teeth, nose, hair, eyes, ears, foot, hand
"I'm no baby"
"Yucky, stinky, poo poo"
Oh, and how could we forget....No
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(218)
-
▼
May
(18)
- Sweet Baby
- All Done Mommy
- The Many Faces of Isaac
- Snow Bunny!
- Isaac's Run-In With Nurse Nelly
- Chillin' on Grandma's Blanket
- Praying
- Sorry, no smiles
- Update on Hudson
- Josh's 30th Birthday!
- Chillin' with Dad
- Butterfly Kisses
- Wellington Zoo
- Photo Shoot
- Isaac Running
- Hudson is 3 months old!
- Isaac's Train Set
- Explosion Of Words
-
▼
May
(18)

No comments:
Post a Comment