Saturday, August 21, 2010

Connecting with Friends!

Alana invited me over to her mom's house for a Stampin' Up/Tea Party presented by Angela. It was really, really good to see Alana, Angela, Jen, Alana's mom, and aunt again, not to mention being able to meet and hold sweet baby Ellie for the first time. What a treat to be around close friends, and to connect with people who understand my life in New Zealand. Alana's sister Jen, and her cousin Melanie both married New Zealander's, so Alana's whole family can relate and understand what life was like for me overseas. Unfortunately, I had a stressful cultural moment on the drive to the party. I forgot how "BIG" and "SPREAD OUT" Colorado is, not to mention how large the houses and cars are. I was so overwhelmed. Let's just say that it wasn't my favorite moment since being home. Somehow I managed to figure out how to get to Alana's mom's house for the party, and once I was amidst friends, I forgot all about my nutty drive there. Whew!
 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

My Blog List