Saturday, June 09, 2007

Isaac's First Trip Home!

Hi there! I am sure that some of you have been wondering how our trip home from NZ went. Well, we did make it home after 3 flights and a night's stay in LA-I am so thankful that we decided to stay in LA after our long flight from Aukland to the States as we were all pretty shattered and definitely smelly. (Don't let these pictures deceive you...I know that we look fairly well rested and content, but these pictures were taken after a hardy meal and a decent night's sleep in LA.) The 12 hour flight home was not my most favorite, to be kind. Isaac was up until 9:30 pm scuddling around, playing with buttons, etc. He finally fell asleep at 9:30 pm. He slept for three hours, which was nice, although he passed out on my seat, so I wound up planted on the floor for 3 hours! Ohhhh so comfy cozy. Isaac woke up at 1 am and panicked when he saw a strange old man sitting next to him...he was so upset that he jerked his head to the right and managed to slam his noggin' into the arm rest. Josh tried to get his bottle for him and wound up spilling rice milk all over his jeans. We finally got Isaac to calm down, but he was up again from 1 until around 3:30 am. He fell asleep in my arms for 3 hours, which was great in theory, but my left butt cheek was frozen as solid as a skating rink....and I was soo unbelievanly HOT! Remind me NOT to wear my running sweats on the plane trip back to NZ. I thought that they had AC on these planes, but apparently not. I wish you could have seen me trying to get my socks off with my toes, while attempting to keep Isaac asleep...bear in mind that my muscles were frozen solid, so I had a limited rang of motion. It was so crazy! There is so much more that I could write, but I may just have to tell you all stories in person. Praise the Lord that we made it and that Isaac is sleeping like a champ here. The Lord has definitely answered our prayers that Isaac would transition well to the states as he has not skipped a beat in his routine. It is truly a miracle! Thank you for all of your prayers. The Lord did not answer them the way I expected on the 12 hour flight home, but they have been answered here in Colorado. Thanks! Our flight from LA to Denver...the excitement is building!

Isaac fell alsleep on my lap. What a little lamb.


My heart lept with JOY, like a little lamb frolicking in a paddock,
when we flew over the Colorado Rockies.

I love this picture...Bapa on the left and Grandpa Felix on the right...classic.

Our first lunch at Grandma and Grandpa Felix's house! They even bought Isaac his own little high chair. Wow, it feels so good to be home.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

erinn::haley said...

jill- maybe i'm just overtired, but seeing those pictures and reading your post made me cry! i'm so happy you get to be home with your family and isaac is transitioning well, now that the nasty 12 hr flight is over, complete with spilled milk! i laughed when you said you were like a lil lamb frolicking in the paddock, so excited. you are hilarious. jill- enjoy the time with family. praise the Lord for families and friends. and praise the Lord for your precious lil lambchop... he's so sweet asleep in your lap. thanks for the update.

cara harjes said...

hey jill!! so glad you are back in CO safe and sound! i would love to see you if you have time while you are here!
cara

Jill Felix said...

Erinn--thanks for the sweet note! It does feel good to be home. Any chance you guys might make it to CO this summer? I would love to see you. :) Hugs to you dear one.

Jill Felix said...

Hi Cara! I was just thinking about you and hoping that I could see you as well. We will be here in Fort Fun until the end of July and then we will be in Denver for most of August. Maybe you could teach me how to paint? You are so creative. I will talk with Josh and we can try to find a good time to see you guys....thanks for the shout out! Jill

Pete & Heather said...

Hey Jill!
Really good to catch up on your blog! You are such a crack up - I loved the description of the 12 hour flight! (Maybe not so funny at the time!) It's so good to hear how exciting it is for you guys to be home! Be encouraged and enjoy yourselves with family and friends... We are missing you over here. With love P, H & K

Pete & Heather said...

Is that the strange old man in the second photo down?!!! How were your butt cheeks Josh?

Love from Pete
= )

My Blog List