Sunday, February 28, 2010

Isaac's Love Languages (3 years 9 months)

It has become more noticeable that two of Isaac's love languages are physical touch and words of encouragement.

1) In terms of physical touch, Isaac hugs me consistently throughout the day, he loves to wrestle and hug his friends, and the other day he told me this..." Mommy, Miss Best always hugs the girls at Kindy, maybe some day she will hug me too!" You can see that he feels very loved and encouraged when he gives and receives hugs.

2) Isaac also responds well to words of encouragement. He lights up when we praise him or acknowledge something that he has done well, and nearly every day he tells me that I am beautiful, or that he likes my shirt, etc. He is my little encourager. Just yesterday Isaac, Hudson and I made paper airplanes. After completing my first paper airplane, Isaac said to me, "Thanks for making planes with us mommy. I know that they are really hard for you." I know that he meant for this to be a compliment. So funny. The other reason that I know Isaac's love language is words of encouragement is that he remember the hurtful things that kids might say. He has a sensitive heart and he doesn't understand why anyone would say something mean like, "you are not my friend" or something like that.

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Blog List